It's already been a month - how quickly time flies! I made oreo cheesecake cupcakes to celebrate Ryan's one month birthday (more for me than him - I am loving not having to avoid sweets anymore!) His one month pediatrician appointment got delayed due to snow, so I don't have any weight or height updates. We're taking bets as to how heavy he is right now...he definitely feels heavier than last time, so we'll see. As soon as I get them I'll add them to the blog.

Here are some fun updates about Ryan:
- He's learned how to burrow his head on your shoulder, which has made him a much better snuggler now!
- Sometimes when you kiss him on the cheek he'll turn his head and try to get you on the mouth. I think this is a trick his dad taught him...and may come in handy with the ladies when he's older :)
- He's stopped crying during diaper changes! This makes life a lot easier!
- He's found his voice at other times. This makes life a little tougher! He is alert a lot more now, which means he's crying a bit more too. Luckily he's not too hard to settle down - seems to like positions that hurt us the most (like dancing/walking around...that can wear your back out, especially with a chubby baby like Ryan).
- He has started sleeping in his crib in his room, which has made nighttime much better on all of us. We're all sleeping better and a little longer. Some nights he has even slept 4 hours straight, which is like heaven! Here's him after his first night in the crib.
- He has mastered the art of peeing on me, the wall, and himself. I am not so good at anticipating this and preparing. Hopefully I'll get better.
Here are some new pictures of our little guy!
All dressed up for his one month check-up. He was so upset when we told him we couldn't go because of the snow...well, maybe not.
Looking cute on his one month birthday!
Mom and Ryan
Go Hokies!
Grandpa Thom came and met Ryan this week!
Ryan's first snow storm!
He's so cute Amie and Chris!!! Owen also has that "Sloppy Kisser" outfit ~ adorable! Love all the pictures!
ReplyDelete