I've been a bad blogger lately. Here is my attempt to catch us up. The weekend after we went to Williamsburg/Virginia Beach Chris went away for a camping trip with some of his guy friends (May 22nd - 23rd). Ryan and I stayed home and my Dad, Terri, Jeff, and Jen spent the weekend with us.
Ryan rolled over (tummy to back) for the first time the morning of May 20th, but hadn't done it since (see story below). So the whole weekend we were waiting for Ryan to show off some of his rolling tricks. He didn't roll over from his tummy to his back, but on Saturday morning he got very close to rolling over from his back to his tummy. He didn't make it all the way over without a little help (he just needed to lift his head up!). Here are some pics from the weekend.
Almost there!
Granddaddy is giving Ryan some encouragement and showing him how it's done!
Playing with Granddaddy before bed
The Schottler lip/pout - when this came out we knew it was time for bed!
Sunday morning, Daddy came home!
And we learned a fun new game - play with Ryan's legs and he laughs and giggles!
And then Ryan got to hang out with Jen and Jeff!
We had a great time with everyone! After the weekend Ryan got to spend Tuesday night with Grandma and Grandpa down in Dinwiddie, and then Grandma Nancy came to visit! It's been an exciting couple of weeks!
First roll over story - That morning I let him do some tummy time while I took Morgan outside and when I came in he was on his back! I was very excited and rolled him on his tummy again. He immediately rolled right over to his back. Then I got the video camera out, rolled him over on his tummy, and of course he just laid there. Oh well!
Yay Ryan!! What a milestone! :) Before you know he'll be racing around the house! Give him congratulatory kisses from me and a high five from Adam! :)
ReplyDelete