We planned many Halloween festivities for Ryan this year. Starting with a trip to the pumpkin patch for a hayride...
Much to my disappointment, Ryan wasn't too thrilled with the hayride. Sitting in Daddy's lap seemed to help and seeing all of the horses and ducks along the way.
The pumpkin patch was much more exciting!
It's so hard to keep his attention these days...off he goes!
Next up on the agenda was carving pumpkins...Ryan got to paint his!
Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of the carved and painted pumpkins...and they were our best work yet! I did manage to get a picture of Ryan's the night of Halloween, but it got rained on so the paint had started to drip off. It kind of makes it more spooky, but it was so cute before! :-)
Then came Halloween night! To celebrate Grandma and Grandpa came over and we had "Mummy Dogs" for dinner.
Ryan was going to dress up as a dog for Halloween. Somehow (and I have no clue how) his teachers at daycare got him to put on his puppy costume at daycare (must have been the peer pressure). He was stubborn as a mule for us though...absolutely refused to wear it.
Morgan was a much better sport about her pumpkin costume!
As a backup Ryan wore the oddest costume yet. He was a skeleton with a tiger head that was a little chilly (hence the sweatshirt). Now that's a costume you don't see every day!
It did the trick though! We went next door to our neighbors' house and Ryan did some trick or treating. He really enjoyed carrying his pumpkin!
Here he is with Mario asking for candy.
He was most excited about a Halloween card from Papa though! It's the little things in life I guess!
After Halloween we had a busy month of November. We celebrated Chris' birthday and must have done a ton of other things (besides take pictures) because it was a whirlwind...just can't remember what we were doing to stay so busy...probably just life! And then came Thanksgiving! We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Virginia Beach. Papa came down and Ryan had a blast getting to spend some time with him.
We also had a blast spending time with this little guy...cousin Jaden!!
I loved every minute of getting to hang out with my nephew! And that contraption behind us is a roller coaster for toddlers. So. Much. Fun. I've never seen anything keep the boys attention for so long...I'm talking more than 15 minutes...maybe even 45 minutes!!!!!! And I may or may not have (ok...definitely did) taken it for a spin myself!
So that's what we've been up to this fall. So much more happened (playing in the leaves, learning that my brother and his wife are having a baby!!!! (a boy!!), doing some home improvements, Ryan learning so many new things...he's even helping us with chores!!) but we've been more focused on doing the things and not so much taking pictures. For now I'll leave you with some fun pictures I got of Ryan actually smiling without his thumb in his mouth the day after Thanksgiving! Ignore the crazy hair...I don't think it always looks this crazy in person...but maybe it does! Oh well!
Learning to say "Cheese"
No comments:
Post a Comment