Friday, June 3, 2011

Terri

On Tuesday, May 17th, I lost my stepmother, Terri, to pancreatic cancer.  She had been battling for about 18 months and put up a quite a fight.  I miss her terribly, but am comforted by the fact that she's in Heaven now and no longer suffering.  She was an amazing woman and I will keep everything she has taught me over the years with me forever.  I'm saddened by the fact that Ryan won't be able to get to know his Granny T like I've known her, but I'll just have to make sure I pick up where she left off and make sure he makes his bed, eats his vegetables, and learns how to make practically anything taste good! 

Chris and I were able to drive up to Rochester for her memorial service on May 22nd.  Everyone involved did an amazing job of commemorating her life.  She had such a huge impact on everyone who knew her, and I was grateful to meet so many of the people that had helped her and my dad through this very difficult time.

Here she is!

What a cutie!

Terri's Memorial

 The collage that we made for the memorial

It doesn't feel right without Terri around, and I'm going to miss her like crazy. 
Thank you to all of my family and friends who have been there for me during this difficult time.

1 comment:

  1. Aimee I am so sorry to hear you lost your stepmother. I'll keep you guys in my prayers, I'm sure this is a tough time.

    ReplyDelete